Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sry i'm new to this forum and someone might have asked this already but my computer hiccups (i'm not sure if it's the technical term for it) everytime i play a song on media player it skips radomly as the song plays. same with you tube a clip can already be loaded and it still skips. so i know its not my internet connection because it happens on media player also. Do i have a virus or something, or can this problem be fixed please give me an answer thanks in advance.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
54,258 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

Please furnish details of your system with amount of RAM

How many other programs do you have running when you play the music?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well i have 2 gbs of ram and a version 2002, service pack 2, copy of windows and i can't find out how fast the processor is but i think it's average for a notbook. it will even stutter if i have only media player open. but on another note media player can be the only program open but my computer will have 40 other processes going on with no other programs maybe that has something to do with it

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
54,258 Posts
With that much memory, it must be something else running . . have you looked in msconfig startup and services to see what all is running at boot?

What security packages are you using? . . Are you running Norton System Works by chance?

·
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT
1,238 Posts
Simpswr......Is asking all the right questions Just follow what he's asking of you and I'm sure you'll work this out...Good Luck I hope it works out for you.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
54,258 Posts
No . . it's a resource hog and can cause the problems you describe.

Lets try this to see what is running on your system:

Click here and download HJTsetup.exe

Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
Click on Install.
It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.

Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.