1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a compaq, with
mother : Compaq Presario 5006LA uWave K7 Motherboard 217155-002

Processor : AMD 700 Mhz

When i plug the power cable into the power supply, the computer start, for 2 sec, no beep, no video, or no led light up(except the one on the motherboard). And, i can't start the computer when i push the power on switch. nothing happend.

The power supply work fine on another computer. and if i try another power supply on my broken computer, the same problem happend again.

I tried to remove everything, even the case(except the mother board of course). The same problem again....

I read about this problem, and most of case, the processor, the motherboard or the power supply is responsible of this...

Is it too soon to think about replacing the motherboard? Or should i do more test?

Thanx

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
hello and welcome to TSF.

i would reccomend first of all checking all cable connections from the PSU that connect to the MoBo and to the HDD check the other cables that connect to the MoBo as well, i.e. SATA, IDE, LED switches, and other cables. make sure fans are working.

is this a new PSU you bought? how long have you had the Computer? have you recently upgraded the CPU? or the MoBo? or removed either of which and then replaced the CPU? if so check the thermal grease compound and check to see if the CPU and Heat Sink is seated right on the MoBo.

could you also explain what happened before all this happened? step by step. like what promted you to get a different PSU and does the old one still work? things like that/. a little more BG about the computer and the upgrades you put into it may also help us help you.

thanks and good luck.

norin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is not my computer. I'm fixing it for a family member. The computer is 5 years old. I don't think the cpu has been "upgrated" because it's old. And T

the cable, i mean, they come with the psu,and the psu i use, work fine...?
And like i said, everything is disconnected, i work with a power supply, psu and case. With thoses 3 componement, the computer keep crashing.

I'll be back in 5 mins

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.