Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a summary of the problem which has been with me for, o, about 2 months.

First started, I would boot up my computer login, after about a second after seeing the desktop i would get a blue screen telling me something like:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

***STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000001, 0x00000007, 0x00000001, 0xF1631375)

***nvarm.sys address F1631375 base of F1631000 Datastamp 3DEFB24C

nvarm.sys was always the quoted driver, its a Nvidia chipset driver, i reinstalled the drivers several times, updated to the latest, but still the same problem.

This wouldnt happen everytime I restarted, i could reboot a second time and it would be fine. Sometimes it wouldnt happen untill the next day.

Eventualy I thought what the hell, ill reformat my hardrive, its solved problems in the past. It worked fine for a while, but recently its started happeing again, same as before, but without the bluescreen. I login and the computer restarts, i boot up again, login, it may restart, may not. Only seems to do it in the mornings, perhaps it has something to do with booting from cold, i dont really know, anyway...

I thought i had tracked it down to faulty RAM. I have three sticks 2x 256, 1x 512. I took out the 512mb and I had three trouble free days until the restarts started happeing this morning. :sayno: *huff* i really tought id sloved it, nm

I have no idea where to look for the possible cause of the problem, or let alone solve it, so any help would be welcome,

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
greetings
will you please post your systems specs including the make/size of your power supply. sp2 and updates installed?
bios, cooling and ram specs also
post back

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was not sure how much detail you wanted but here goes:

(attatched is my dxdiag.txt file)

(attatched a automated list of windows updates)

Power supply: FSP Group INC
Model No FSP250-60GTV (PF)
AC Input: 230V-,5A ,50Hz
Max Output Power: 250W

RAM:
2x Nanya 256mb DIMM DDR 266MHz
1x PNY 512mb DIMM DDR 266MHz

I have no added extra cooling system.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ok thanks. Just a few wonderings, i have had the computer, with the specs above, for about a year and never had problems until recently, and my brother uses a system identical the mine (same MoBo, RAM, G-card, etc,) but never had an issue.

Or is he going to get the same problem as me in the foreseeable future? If so, i'll warn him :)

Thanks for your help.

Also, iv never had to buy or install a power supply before, are the any do's or don'ts?

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
hello
im not 100% sure its your power supply
but it has to be right on the edge in regards to voltage performance needs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, thanks for your help. If I used that calc correctly then it is right on the edge :s. Once I have fixed it ill post back. Thanks again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My computer has been restarting when i login. I posted about the problem HERE.
(I would continue in the same thread but it has expired)

I finaly managed to buy a new power supply. Iv gone from a 250W to a 450W. I installed it yesterday, and to cut a long story short, i also reformated my pc.

It all worked... until this morning. I booted up my pc, it hit the desktop and up pops the blue screen o' death. The PC restarts and then succesfuly gets to the desktop. I didnt get enough time to read what the error message was.

(There is more information the previous thread )

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
i have merged your threads,always post back to the original thread
turn off the auto reboot and post the bsod error message in full

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok, thanks dai. I didn't get the error message again until this morning:

" A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to protect damage to your computer.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

***stop: 0x000000A (0x00000026, 0x000000FF, 0x00000001, 0x804DF15F)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance. "

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
turn off the auto reboot and then the error message will be slightly different and give a better indication to the problem

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok i got two error messages this morning.

The first:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to protect damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x00000001, 0x00000005, 0x00000001, 0xF7A6F375

*** nvarm.sys - address F7A6F375 base at F7A6F000, DateStamp 3defb24c

Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance."

And the second:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to protect damage to your computer.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x00000001 ( 0x00000011, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x00000011)

Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance."

nvarm.sys is a nvidia chipset driver. Because iv reformatted iv been using some older drivers. Ill try updating, it hasnt worked in the past, but it may work this time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After 2 days with out trouble, I got a BSoD this morning:

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x00000001 ( 0x00000100, 0x00000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000100)

What else can be the cause of this problem?

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
it looks like you have'nt disabled the auto reboot,with it disabled would expect to see a reference to nv4-dll indicating your nvidia video drivers needed reinstalling

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
whosdat: Once I had removed all but the one stick of RAM, I booted up and didnt get a BSoD. (I cant get hold of another power supply right now but ill keep trying.)

Dai: Far as i know auto restart is off. This is where I have disabled it:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.