Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
My computer has recently started doing these things.
It's very noticable, I cannot watch videos/listen to music and also cannot play any games sometimes.

When playing games it goes for minutes okay, then my FPS drops to 10 or so and sound starts to make static noises.

Everything what has sound does those static noises and it really drives me mad.

I've tried reinstalling antiviruses, scanning, cleaning registries, uninstalling almost all programs and games, cleaning my HDD from unused files, reinstalling drivers and codecs, nothing helped. I don't want to reinstall my windows, because I have a movie project started and I cannot backup ALL my files, it's really huge.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi,

sounds like you've done most of the things we'd suggest. It sounds to me like your machine or graphics card may be overheating? Is there adequate ventilation around the machine? Also, take the cover off and blow out any dust, especially in the CPU heatsink.

Also, while the lid is off, check the graphics card fan (if it has one) is spinning freely.

Finally, you may want to download speedfan from

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

to see if you can glean any insight into temperatures.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

sounds like you've done most of the things we'd suggest. It sounds to me like your machine or graphics card may be overheating? Is there adequate ventilation around the machine? Also, take the cover off and blow out any dust, especially in the CPU heatsink.

Also, while the lid is off, check the graphics card fan (if it has one) is spinning freely.

Finally, you may want to download speedfan from

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

to see if you can glean any insight into temperatures.
I have ventilators in place and I've also blowed the dust off yesterday, checked everything and it workes fine.

Speedfan shows 58°C on GPU/Core

I've already had this problem once, I had 2 RAM memories, both had 1GB. I had this problem, but it was worse, everything was reaaally slow and the static was the same I'd say, and there were multiple BSODs many times, so I removed one RAM and worked fine. I found out it was corrupted. Later I bought 2GB RAM which I am using right now + the old one.
So I thought it's the same problem, I tried to remove one and then the other but the problem persisted, so I think there's no problem with the RAM.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi that all sounds good so far then. I'd recommend downloading and running MEMTEST to check the RAM fully. failing that I could be swayed towards a dodgy sound or video driver. It may also be worth trying alternate versions of them

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have this problem, and it's been going on for probably half a year now. I'm running Windows 7. I did everything the OP did as well. I didn't check the ram though.
Any ideas on what else it could be? It's ridiculously annoying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.