Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having some problems lately with my laptop. It shuts down after i've been using it for about an hour. I think the problem might be battery related. One of two problems occurs with the battery. In certain outlets the battery does not charge at all, or at most 2-3percent. In other outlets the battery charges fully very quickly but as soon as it is placed on battery mode it shuts off after a minute and the computer claims the battery is empty. I think the problem from shutting down occurs when my computer's plug accidentally unplugs momentarily and it switches to battery mode but i am no expert so it's possible i could be wrong. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
These laptops are somewhat known for this type of problem. There appears to be some BIOS updates to possibly solve this? Check the following links for more info. Be careful as there are a lot of model variations and you need to also choose the correct CPU type for the BOIS version. Additionally, there maybe some battery calibration required and if your battery is approaching 3 years of age (see if you can find the battery date code), it may be time for a new battery?

HP Pavallion zv5000 Power Management

HP Support

JamesO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.