Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately my pc has been shutting down and I will not be able to boot till I let it sit for 5 minutes or so. How can I check if the cpu maybe overheating or other matters with the computer itself. Thanks ahead of time you guys are very helpful(this maybe the wrong forum to post this..sorry) This happens like every 2 5 days it will do this..

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
Hi,

Why not download and run the SensorViewPro program under my signature and let us take a look at the temps (both at-rest and under-stress) and the voltages. Be sure to list your specs as requested by Speedster and be sure those fans and the heatsinks are clear of dust. YOu can use a can of compressed air to do that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Idles at 63 c I am starting to think the thermal paste has worn off it has been unchanged for 1 1/2 maybe 2 years going on 3 hard to keep track probably 3 years...it is also dusty down there I was blowing air and started coughing on dust..so im going to buy a can of air for it what paste do you recommend for AMD xp 3200+? Thanks guys in advance always helpful and patient :)

·
TSF Team Emeritus
9,471 Posts
Hi dan2020,

First clean the dust out of there, use a can of compressed air to do this. Be careful, don't turn the can on its side as this can cause liquid to come out.

If this don't help then we will get into the thermal paste and recommendations on what to use and how to apply

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.