Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have had my computer for nearly 4 years and about 4 months ago it started restarting by itself from the slightest tap to the case. It was doing this for a while and it wasn't worrying me because as long as I didn't touch the case it was fine. After a while I noticed it wasn't restarting anymore, but last week it has started doing it worse then ever! I don't even move and it restarts, sometimes a few seconds after it begins booting up, it usually doesn't even make it to the Windows Login screen before it restarts.

The Voltage on the Power Supply seems fine (3V, 5V, 12V), I even tried a different Power Supply Lead, I unplugged all my external Hardware (Mouse, Keyboard, USB etc.), Still restarts by itself! It can't be overheating because I can have it off all night and turn it on in the morning and it restarts after a few seconds. It's driving me crazy, Could it be a faulty device? Should I take out my PCI cards one at a time or something? Maybe Motherboard?

P4 3.2Ghz HT
Asus P4P800-E Deluxe M/B
Windows XP Pro SP2
1024GB DDR2700 Ram
200GB SATA HD

Please Help.

Thanks,

Ands

· Registered
1 Posts
Dear if u can then please remove yr CPU and replace and remove yr RAMs and clean the contacts with spirited cotton and using a brush remove dust from yr motherboard RAM sockets and finally remove and replace yr power connectors 2-3 times from Motherboard.
Pl reply

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all your replies!

I took out and put back in all connections on the M/B, Optical Drives, Hard Drives, Floppy Drive and took out and put in all my PCI and AGP Cards. Also took out and checked the processor and it looks all good. The Power Supply may be the problem. A friend says he had a similar problem and it was his power supply. It is an 'Air' 450W Power Supply. It restarts about 20 times now when I boot the computer up and if I leave it for a few minutes to do all this restarting it seems to work fine for about 20mins then it will start rebooting by itself again.

So I might just get a new Power Supply and see it that is the problem.

Thanks.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put in a 530W Power Supply and the first time I booted it up it was working perfectly so I thought the Power Supply was the problem, but when I turned it on the next day it went back to restarting continuously. What else could it be?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.