Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's possible that many others have posed this problem before, but I've been googling this issue for a while now and I just thought I'd describe my problem since the others are always different in some way or another.

Ok, so my computer's been restarting randomly on its own for a while now. It does this every time its turned on, every time I click on an application it freezes and a minute or two later it restarts. And when it's not freezing then restarting, it's just restarting right after its been booted up. Sometimes I get the BSOD (usually to do with "IRQL_LESS...." or "win32k.sys"),and sometimes I don't. Sometimes my monitor says "Input Not Supported" and goes on stand-by (the light turns orange), and afterwards restarts on its own. Sometimes when I start up the computer it displays two options: F1 to continue or DEL to run SETUP. Now, my computer works perfectly in Safe Mode so I'm not sure if it's a hardware problem because then why wouldn't it affect all mode. It's just a real pain in the *** having these PC problems so if someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Tricky thing finding the symptom!

If it works in safe mode a wouldn't say it was hardware, more software that is installed.

Also try safe mode with networking and see if the computer crash's and restarts.

Have you ran any anti-virus/spyware and heat monitoring tools?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It works perfectly in safe mode with networking.

I've ran bitdefender, ran windows malware removal, cleaned my registry, defragged. The anti-virus software has found parite-b before but now it doesn't find any problems. But that can't be true.

SpeedFan: Temp3 goes from being fired up to being normal.
HD0 acts the same way as Temp3

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"The average temperature for this hard disk is 36C (MIN=25C MAX=48C) and yours is 50C."
Don't know how to lower it...

"your hard disk Power Cycle Count attribute current value (95) is below the normal range (97 - 100) reported for your specific hard disk model. Basically your hard disk was power cycled more times than the maximum number the average hard disk was. Power cycles put some stress on the hard disk mechanic. Sometimes power cycles can be caused by a loose hard disk power connector. Make sure it is properly fastened."

Would anyone recommend opening up the cpu and checking if the HDPC is loose?

"The overall fitness for this drive is 90%.
The overall performance for this drive is 99%."

-- from S.M.A.R.T log

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.