Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi I am having trouble with game/computer, battlefield 2, I have been plqaying it previously with no problem, I have had a virus which has been cleared , and I have payed the game after the infection, but seem to have this problem where the game loads the connection to server with no problem, and then it starts loading the map for the game, and then it happens, the computer shuts down and then restarts, it has a report message for windows and I have attached this, can you make any sense of this report ?? or have you encountered this before, please help.
From Terry

Just like to add that my computer spec is fine, have been running game before, I have radeon X800 card with no problem. :4-dontkno

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
hi terry seyforth,

hmm........since you are running windows xp, check out the event viewer and see if the eventlog post any errors.

you can go to the eventlog by right clicking on my computer -> click on manage -> then click on eventviewer on the left side. then double click application and look for the "X" marks.

have you also considered a re-installed of a game?

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Application hang ??

Well I went into the event viewer. Im not sure what to do or what the X means, but beside the X there seems to be a lot of Application hang, dont know what that means but there is also application error.

I am going to try reinstall the game, thats a task on its own, patches as well.

I will let you know thanks.. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
change

Just to let you know that I was told by someone to try resetting my administrator name. I have done this but in stead of the game restarting the computer it is now going back to desk top. Not any better but at least I dont have to wait for windows to load.... :4-dontkno

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Getting there

Hi I uninstalled the game and reinstalled, it seems to have done the trick, I can actually connect to a game now , Thanks.
Just wondering if I am missing something though, I have turned off all my virus protectors except windows security, but the game seems a bit slow, a bit jumpy, a bit juddery, I have played this game before I had a virus, and it seemed a lot more smoother. Is there anything I can look at that would make this happen, My refresh is at 60 hz, I have a 2 mg connection and a radeon x800 card. I have updated my card driver for the graphics.
Not sure if its me this end or the server /
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks from Terry :smile:

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problems back

Hi I reinstalled the game last night and the game worked fine, got up today and its back to normal, as game loading the computer shuts down and restarts.
I have updated my drivers, reloaded the game, just dont know what to do, cant reinstall game every time i need to play :cry: :cry: :sad: :cry:

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
admin

Got game going again by changing the administrator setting.
It seems to happen a lot though.
Dont know why ?
:4-dontkno

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Restart

Well Its happened again, it seems that every time you restart the computer the administration alters, I have to set it on group, then administrators and it is ok again untill I have to turn off the computer, any ideas ?

·
Registered
84 Posts
IT sounds like you may still have some issues from the virus attack, IF it were me in your situation i'd clean install the machine as patching over a once compromised machine only leaves it vunerable in the future :sayyes:

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
administrator

The biggest problem I seem to have is that I keep resetting the administration to groups,etc, and the game loads and then when I restart the computer it seems to have the same problems, untill I reset the administration. what could be resetting the admin ??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.