Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi I am having trouble with game/computer, battlefield 2, I have been plqaying it previously with no problem, I have had a virus which has been cleared , and I have payed the game after the infection, but seem to have this problem where the game loads the connection to server with no problem, and then it starts loading the map for the game, and then it happens, the computer shuts down and then restarts, it has a report message for windows and I have attached this, can you make any sense of this report ?? or have you encountered this before, please help.
From Terry

Just like to add that my computer spec is fine, have been running game before, I have radeon X800 card with no problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Me to..

I have this EXACT same problem. The error reports are almost identical. I have yet to find a solution. Mine does it as soon as I try to run the game. I'm gettin very frustrated in trying to figure out why this is doing this. Have you found anything since your original post?

·
Banned
242 Posts
could be your vid card or that ur virus is still hanging around

·
Registered
47 Posts
hi i had a problem like that for awile and all i did was cleared out my logocache file and dmp file i just deleted everything in it and it stoped hope it works for you guys or if you both running radeon cards you might need to enable shader support like it says in the read me file for BF2 good luck guys

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem. I've uninstalled then reinstalled the game, new patch, new drivers, up to date with microsoft, everything. When I connect to a server online, the loading bar will go up about 5% then it instantly restarts my computer. And I just realized that if I play single player, it will load up the same but this time crash to desktop. Is this what you all are experiencing? Where is the "logocache" and "dmp" files kevin_vnbrn is talking about?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Had the same restart problem but it was just due to over heating in the summer. :laugh:. Do the ussual stuff like updating drivers and get the latest patch which just came out with SF expansion. My system was booting up at over 40c so i doubt overheating is the same problem. Also EA worked compatibility with a whole bunch of new video cards so that might do it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok I fixed mine after months of not playing. I did basically what kevin_vnbrn was saying. Uninstall the game, then go to /my documents/battlefield2/ then delete everything in it that you can(there was some files that wouldn't delete for me, but still get all the other ones). You have to do this because the uninstall won't do it for you. I deleted my account thinking that was it, but you might not have to. So then just restart you computer and install the game and new patch. It's alive!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.