Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The situations is this:
I got one old SATA hardrive that is working sporadically with a partition on it and then I got two new SATA harddrives. In my computer at the moment I have the old one and one of the new ones, hoping that I could move what I wish to save from the old one to the new one.

The problem is this:
THe harddrives don't show up in Windows at all. But instead when I start the computer, after logging in to windows a window pops up at me by the name SAM (Sil Array Manager). There is shows on Device 0 a 233.76 GB Available, which would be the new drive and on Device 1 a 152.66 GB available that would be the old drive. The only thing it lets me do is to create somekind of RAID group, and even though I am an avid World of Warcraft player I don't want to go raiding with my hardrives.

What I want to achive:
I would like to get the files from the old STAT drives to one of the new ones, and the get both new ones to work as partitions in windows.

What I have:
I'm running Windows XP Professional SP2
The mobo is ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe.

Are there any benevolet techies that are willing to help me?

·
Registered
209 Posts
not sure if i read that completely right, but as far as i know. you plug in a hard drive, boot up the computer, go to disk management and format it their.
once its formatted it should work...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.