Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm new, and i got a problem. I have recently assembled a computer by myself. Before this problem I thought I was on my way to mastering the art of computers, but now I'm lost. When I plug my power supply into my motherboard, the power supply emits a high pitched ring. When I shut the power supply down, but keep the motherboard connected with the PS, the pitch lowers and lowers until it stops. Here are some of the main parts of the computer:

ASUS TXP4-X Motherboard

AMD K-6 CPU at 500 MHZ

Also, when I attempt to power up the computer, no fans or LED indicator lights work either. Nothing is working, and I'm lost.

·
Registered
33 Posts
With 99% certainty, this means that your power supply is shot to heck.

Go back to CompUSA, or wherever you bought it, and ask them for a replacement under warranty. If it didn't catch on fire, then don't be concerned, however, if there was a god-awful smell coming from the PS, then you may want to check out your internal loads and the integrity of your power strip.

Good Luck!

S

·
0 Posts
If this is an AT case and the power supply has two plugs that go to the motherboard the plugs should have the black wires side by side in the center of the motherboard connector.....:D

Welcome to the forums ctop............:D

S

·
0 Posts
OK it's an atx so the plug is a single one. I'm not sure if you can put this on backwards or not. Just make sure the clip on the connector snaps over the tab.

Check the switch on the back of the power supply and make sure it is set to 110 or 115 not 220.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey I just got a brand new ATX PS, and I put my computer back together. It is alive! The PS was the trick, my computer works great now, thanks a lot for your help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.