Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the correct area to post this in but its the best place for it i thought.

When I turn on my computer it goes throught everyting it needs to do and windows starts to turn on. Then when windows pops up i can see the background of my desktop but theres no icons and all i can do is restart it and try angain. Then i tried to go into safe mode and it started up fine like that and it advised me to do a restore if im having problems.So i tried that and afterwards it worked for a while but I was unable to play any games without the video locking up. Then this morning I tried to turn it on again and its did the same thing.

If you have any Ideas plz post them . I won't be able to check this that often because of my computer I will be willing to try many things. Thank you

·
Security Team , Visiting Trainee (247)
1,070 Posts
hi, CCT is right you need to make sure your pc does not have any Malware. Also ensure antivirus and antispyware is present in your system. When your system looksup can you go to event viewer check if this has listed anything. Lokups sometimes indicate lack of RAM you need to post how much RAM you have installed, it can also be overheat because playing game requires more resources.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i got it to start up. I have 2 gigs of ram so i don't think thats the problem i have played the games with less before. i will seek help with the malware thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.