Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i shut down my computer (start menu>shut down) and after it shuts down, i left it for awhile, and then i came back and it would make an unfamiliar noise, like its exhausted, and it it wont go any further than that, it wont into anything, nothing appears on the monitor and it shuts down, i turn off the power, take out the plug and put it back in, re-try to boot it up, it still wont do anything besides a unfamiliar noise. i opened the side and im sure the noise is coming from the fan....please help... :'(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
theres two fans, a cpu one and a smaller one called Gigabyte P4 Titan, i think its coming from the cpu one. i havent gotten any warnings about overheating
but i do leave it on over nights sometyms, for long periods...
i decided to shut it down becuase it was running slow...

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
take the side off the case and grab a torch and check if the cpu fan is spinning when you push the power button
you also have fans in your power supply check those as well
if the cpu fan fails the computer will shut itself down and you should hear bios beep codes indicating this,are you sure the sound is not coming from a case or m/b speaker

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
everythings running like it usually does, i initially thought there was something stuck in the fan or something, but i checked it and theres nothing, but it still wont work :cry:
ive havent touched it for the last 6 hours and tried it again and it still has the same problem.
the noise sounds a little like a car that wont ignite, it doesnt sound like something that would come from my speakers or anything. :cry:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Just a thought after you described the sound-
Try disconnecting your A (floppy) drive and then restart see if it will
boot.

Andy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.