Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...

I'm new to this site but not new to computers at ALL.. That having been said, I'm having a big problem with my computer locking up randomly throughout the day. I use my computer for business and nothing else. Its only got a few programs on it. I use Yahoo to communicate with my drivers and a few other programs to do my dispatching.. thats it. I've tried turning off hardware acceleration and it did not help.

I can also get you guys a Belarc Advisor log if you request it.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!! If I'm in the wrong forum, I do apologize, please direct me where to go.

Thanks in advance,
AlphaDog

·
Registered
107 Posts
OK.

What virus scan and firewall software do you run?

Check for low disk space. Have you modified any of the 'virtual memory' settings?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Also, if it's completely random, I'd look for heat issues, also. Mine would restart randomly with only Firefox, Winamp, and MSN running, turns out it was a pretty bad heat issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Info`

For virus scan software I use what I've been using for 3 years on other machines without a single problem.. and that is Trend Micro PC-Cillin.

As far as firewall, I use the Windows Firewall.

My HD is 40GB and I'm only using 6BG at the present time.

Hope this helps. Anymore questions, please ask!!

Thanks,
AlphaDog

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also...

Also, I downloaded CPUCool to just see what my temps were. The CPU Temp was only 100F and the other temp (maybe air temp?) was around 95F. So I don't think its heat.

Anything else?

AlphaDog

·
Registered
27 Posts
Anything else at all been happening? Even the slightest inkling of a glitch could point in a direction of the source.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think...

I took 1 stick of my 512mb Ram out and it has not locked up in 3 days..
Think its bad ram or a MB that cant handle 1GB of Ram?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.