Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this i\s software or hardware. When I hi\t the i key, slashes are typed also. Whats weirder is every time I backspace one of the slashes my SCROLL LOCK TOGGLES on each backspace h\it, also I cannot hold that backspace key to delete multiple characters, I have to hit it each time. Now whats worse i\s that my arrow keys and quote keys arent working at all. My keyboard isnt that old, havent spilt anythi\ng on it. |Its a verbatim backlit keyboard with built in speakers.

i\i\i\i\i\i\\i\ii\i\i\i\i\i\i\i\
I|I||II|I||II|I|I|I|I|I|
wei\rder it happens on ei\ther s\ide randomly!

Please help

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Hi liserspearl,

Have you checked so that the keyboard layout hasn't changed to something else?
Go to the Control Panel > Regional and language options > Keyboards and Languages > Change.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have used the same set up for about a year (us engli\sh), removed all my macros, sti\ll same problem. I| already cleaned my keyboard and checked the rubber buttons, all looks to be fi\ne.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
now my enter, backspace, equal sign key, arrowkeys, and scroll lock button arent working at all. Numpad, delete,\ |, and i I key all work fine. the problem with the i key is gone. iiiiiiii. but these new issues are worse! how is this changing?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the other keyboard worked, but the backlit keybaord has super mini torq screws my tool kit doesnt have, so not sure how to go about fixing it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it uses a mini torx way too small than normal torx sets, i couldnt if i tried, and belive me i was going to 1st thing otherwise

·
Team Manager - Networking , Moderator - Micros
4,177 Posts
Can you try this keyboard on another PC or laptop to see if it acts the same way?

Mini torx screwdrivers: If you have a Harbor Freight tool store near you, they have some cheap screwdriver sets with the changeable mini torx bits. I forget the size..only time I've seen them is on Macbooks.

·
Team Manager - Networking , Moderator - Micros
4,177 Posts
if it doesn't work on another computer and he opens it up the warranty might be voided.
I agree Oscer. It's worth trying to get it replaced under warranty first.

I added the torx bit info only because I've had a hard time finding them too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.