Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I installed win Vista about 2 weeks ago, and for the past week the PC has been crashing randomly (not really crashing, instead freezing, without BSOD)

it's been very difficult to diagnose these freezes because i can't get any info from them. I notice they usually happen when i start windows live messenger, but it's not just because of WLM. It also happens with WLM closed. In fact, it happened right in the middle of the second installation of vista, one i did yesterday to determine if it was a windows-related problem.

Not being so, i turned myself to hardware. Was it RAM? I did a test yesterday as well with MemTest86, left it running for 9h, nothing. Not a single error. Not being RAM, i thought of PSU: this has been grinding in my mind ever since i bought my ATi Radeon x1600SE 256MB, which recommended a PSU wattage of 450W. My PSU came with the computer, its brand is Deer, and delivers 300W.

Right now i'm out of ideas. It is Vista related? Is it a hardware problem?

Any ideas?

·
Registered
9 Posts
It can be from PSU. I get the same problem when using TV Tuner or even when running nothing. Try to change the PSU with a 450W one from a friend (borrowed if possible not bought until you diagnose the problem for sure).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.