Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my compaq presario cq42 laptop about 8 months ago and it came installed with windows 7 32 bit. It was running fine until recently. everytime i started a video conversation on skype or windows live messenger, it would b ok for a while and then would stop responding. There will be no screen of death.. just a freeze and i would have to restart all over again. the problem did not end there. upon restart, the system would be very slow and i would have to restart several times.
Kindly help me fix it. Also, i am sorry i am unable to provide all the details you have asked for. I could only manage to find the details that i have provided.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update Realtek NIC driver -
Code:
[FONT=lucida console]6/23/2010 2:55:23 PM   Rt86win7.sys[/FONT]
Driver Reference Table - http://sysnative.com/0x1/DriverReference.html#Rt86win7.sys

Remove LimeWire - Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`
Thank you so much for the trouble you took to reply. However i am a bit confused. In the realtek website, there are several files and i chose to download "Win7 and WinServer 2008 R2 Driver".. is that the one u were talking about ? Also, sorry to trouble u again but the NIC driver is only for network isnt it? and my problem is video related? U also asked to remove liimewire? any particular reason.. any help would be greatly appreciated and sorry for my lack of knowledge..

regards

·
Administrator, Manager, Microsoft Support, MVP
34,403 Posts
Limewire is P2P and may very well be eating resources Skype needs. You won't know until it is removed.

"Win7 and WinServer 2008 R2 Driver" is the one you want to download.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.