Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
then im playing world of warcraft my computer will freeze for 5 or 6 sec. Then the computer goes back to normal. i have a new graphics card, and a new computer. this has never happened on my old comp but it really did not work to well playin the game though. can some one help me get rid of this.

·
TSF - Enthusiast
12,841 Posts
Can you open the side of your case and tell what it says on the PSU's label?

it looks like this

label looks like this

What are your temperatures using speedfan?
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
model atx0300d5wc input 100=127v-8a 200-240v-4a output +12v +5v +3.3v -12v +5vsb fan1 1638 rpm fan 2 1098 rpm gpu 57c temp1 37c temp2 45c temp3 22c core 40c vcore1 1.12v vcore2 2.50 +3.3v 1.79v +5v 5.62v +12v 12.22v -12v 10.96v -5v.27v vbat 3.22v

·
TSF - Enthusiast
12,841 Posts
A 300w PSU sin't enough for your current setup especially since its giving out 8 amps on the 12v line!

You should get this PSU

Corsair 450w
$75
after rebate $65
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139003

The computer's temps seem fine. This issue is most likely due to a poor quality and insufficient PSU.

I would also prefer if you split up the info its very annoying to read a straight line of numbers properly

·
Registered
5 Posts
thank you sorry bout that it wa late and i was trying to get all the information down on the screen. what does this item do give u more watts to run the computer? not really sure what is going on here.

also a friend of mine is telling me that its vista that is doing it and that i would need more ram. I dont know whats really doing it either the ram or the power. I really just want to stop it.

·
TSF - Enthusiast
12,841 Posts
I want you to have long read through in the Power Supply selection sticky link in my signature.
You need at least 26 amps on the 12v line for PCI-E

I want you to not be afraid to ask whatever. I deal with a lot of people and I'm patient, so I just want to help you and I'll try my best to do that.

You have plenty of RAM, this is what I tell people for people who want to do gaming on their computer

Vista
Minimum for vista is 1 gigabyte of RAM just to run OS properly.
For gaming I would suggest 2gigs + of RAM and as most systems run with dual channel DDR2 ram you would have 2 x 2gis of ram which is fine for gaming and you probably won't need to worry about more ram until way later down the road.

XP
Minimum for XP is 512mb of ram to just run the OS properly
The recommended I would is 2gigs+ which would anything fine as XP uses around 500mb less ram than Vista.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well ill try what u said first. I want to thank you with your pacience. If i dont see any improvement i will just send it back or whatever. if that dont work ill get xp or windows 7. but thank you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.