Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new to this forum and computers in general. I just bought my computer about a year ago and it came with a 80 gig hard drive and windows xp. It has worked fine up until about 2 months ago when it seem to start moving slower and freezing up every now and then. Sometimes after leaving it on for a day or more it will just start going crazy where the screen starts flashing and the tool bar will be at the top of the screen. Well all that has been bad but I have still been able to cope with it just by turning it off and back on whenever it would freeze or go crazy. But within the last week the mouse pointer doesnt act right. Right when I start the computer the pointer will follow as i move the mouse but freeze along its path so the pointer on the screen freezez as i keep moving the mouse and after a second or to it jumps to where the mouse would have it had it not have frozen. It gradually gets worse until eventually after an hour or two the mouse pointer just freezes completely or disappears so I cant use my computer. I have to restart my computer and start all over but sometimes even after I restart my computer the mouse pointer starts of frozen so I may have to restart it three times before I get to where I can move my mouse again. I thought it could be a virus or spyware so I finnally got the free versions of adaware and norton antivirus. I ran them they found some spyware and viruses and got rid of them but it still continues to behave the same. I did get the free version of registrycleaner or whatever and ran that. It said I had 56 problems with my registry but would only fix 22 for free. So please if anyone has any suggestions such as should I pay to get the rest of the registry peoblems fixed. And i do not have a backup to where i can restore my computer. I also notice that all this started happening about the same time I moved so was wondering if it coul be sommething i upset by being to rough in the moving process

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hijack this

hey I am new to computers I was wondering what you guys mean by installing hijack this in its on folder on root driv crj and how i would go abou doing that

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
Download and install: HiJackThis.

When you click on the link above it will ask you to either save it or open it, you want to save it. Point it to the C: drive

(Always create a Folder for HiJackThis anywhere but your Temp/Temporary Internet Folders or Desktop. A good place to make a folder would be in My Documents, as this is where it will save the backup files needed if there's a problem.)

Then doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Do A System Scan And Save Log". Make sure all Windows and Browsers are closed.
When the scan is finished, best to save your text file in the same folder as where you put HiJackthis.

IMPORTANT!!!
Create a New Topic and include a fresh HJT log in the HiJackThisLog Help Forum and Copy/Paste the info from your saved Hijackthis log file into your new topic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay I did everything you asked me to do including running the registry cleaner and I am still having problems. I just ran hijack this and her is my log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 3:14:35 PM, on 1/19/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5730.0011)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\PokerOffice\bin\javaw.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopIndex.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Updater\GoogleUpdater.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopCrawl.exe
C:\Program Files\NETGEAR\WG111v2\WG111v2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\owner\My Documents\hjt\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar4.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar4.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [POEngine] "C:\Program Files\PokerOffice\POEngine.exe" C:\Program Files\PokerOffice
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Google Desktop Search]

·
15,478 Posts
First, this is the wrong forum to be posting a HJT log in, hence IMPORTANT !! information posted in my reply. I will move it to the appropriate forum if neccessary.
Secondly, that is not a complete HJT log, your missing alot. Recopy and paste making sure you have the complete log, You should have 023 Services at the very bottom.
I dont see any malware issues in the HJT log but I cant see it all either.

I want you to Run the System File Checker

Go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:

sfc /scannow ( sfc if not reconized) (Note that there is a space between sfc and /scannow)

This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem.

In all likelihood you will be prompted to insert the Windows XP CD.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay I posted my log in the hjt forum and was told i have no malware issues I cannot run the system checker because i do not have my xp cd do u have any other suggestions that might resolve the problem

·
15,478 Posts
Open up the case and double check your connections, make sure all adapter cards are tightly fitted and also make sure the connections on the back are secure

Try booting into Safe Mode, see if your mouse reacts the same way

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
one other thing I noticed was when it does freeze up and I hit control alt delete to shut it down a end program window comes up saying ending program ccApp which i never saw before and also a grey box comes up saying dwin.exe DLL initialization failed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.