Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there guyz, I'm new here and I hope that i'm posting this in the right area

I have an annoying problem from 3 weeks now. Whenever i try to play a game or watch a movie, my computer freezes and the only solution is to power off/power on. :cry:

Note: Sometimes the computer freezes for a short while and a message pops in the right corner of my screen saying something like "The driver stopped, but it recovered succesfully". I use a ATI RADEON x1600.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tenx for the reply.

I installed the ATI driver and DirectX, unfortunately none of them worked, still having the problem.
I've also read the article from AMD and I followed some of those factors like reinstalling the OS, I also check with another video card and same outcome, I installed DirectX/ATI driver and no result, I have a Dual-channel Kingston kit and I tried to go with only one in the PC and the same....

I still think that somewhere there is a conflict...just a hunch

I also check the temperature with SpeedFan and I opened an online movie and i see Temp2 going over 50. There is a photo with the SpeedFun results.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ok here's another possible solution taken from microsoft page

"Having multiple programs, browser windows, or email messages open at the same time can use up memory, and cause performance issues. Try closing any programs and windows that you are not using.

You can also adjust your PC for better performance by disabling some of the visual effects. Here’s how to adjust all visual effects for best performance:
Open Performance Information and Tools by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type Performance Information and Tools, and then, in the list of results, click Performance Information and Tools.

Click Adjust visual effects, if you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Click the Visual Effects tab, click Adjust for best performance, and then click OK.
Note: For a less drastic option, select Let Windows choose what’s best for my computer)."

Try this see if it helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh well, I think i nailed the problem. My computer is quite old and seems that the motherboard is slowly fading away...:cry:
After i will replace it with a new one, i'll post back and let you know if this was the real problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.