Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im having a Windows explorer not responding when i close my computer screen for like say an hour then open it it works fine for the first few minutes then everything stops working if i put my scroller over the task bar it shows its loading i cant open anything just close stuff but it works fine when i restart the computer i have tried the windows trouble shoot options, disk check and sfc/scannow and nothing also i used ccleaner it helped a tiny bit what i havent tried is restoring the stuff ccleaner did yet and i refuse to Factory restore my comp again any ideas?

it dosnt happen every time maybe once or twice it didn't but most of the time it dose

i was told to jsut go to bestbuy and since its underwarentee to get a new hardrive and them to check and if possible to replace the memory module
(i dont know anything about it so if u cant replace my bad)
but i dont have a back up computer for when it gets sent out so i would like to avoid that

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its an Asus G74sx and am i dont saposed to sue it on my lap? i thought u were and i clean it with air weekly

this is what i have for security maint and miscellaneous

Auslogis Disk defrag (i only run its default defragger cause its faster than windows)

Ccleaner

File Shreder

Gamebooster 3 (only use it when im playing online games

Kaspersky Internet security 2012

Malwarebytes

Revo Unistaller pro

Startuplite

i did find a problem though i uninstalled smart defrag 2 a week ago and it somehow mad its way back on my computer

·
Microsoft-Team Manager , Hardware - Team Manager
68,463 Posts
No your not supposed to use it on your lap it is a misnomer you use it on a hard surface and where possible slightly elevate it to help increase the available air flow,have you run sfc /scannow from command prompt or chkdsk

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes but the disk is from my previous restore not the one i jsut did and iv just come to learn that it could be my computers hibernation since that's when it happenes and ive talked to others with simular problems

·
Microsoft-Team Manager , Hardware - Team Manager
68,463 Posts
Why would you think that it would matter which restore it was made from that is irrelevant, and how many places are you going to for help this is not a good practice as you may get conflicting advice,from what I see in your earlier post there is no mention of hibernation if you don't tell us we cannot guess

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.