Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
J
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a computer that constantly freezes. I never had this problem before. I ran online virus scans but nothing showed up. I have two drives C and D. The C drive is a 30 GIG drive however, when I originally partitioned it , it can only be partitioned 2 GIG. I checked the partition of C drive and I am showing there is only one partition on Drive C. I have 850 MB left on the drive. I have a suspicion the drive is bad. Does anyone have any suggestions.

·
hey
10,189 Posts
Is this only happening in one program? Or when you do some a specific thing? Does the computer seem to be running hot?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What operating system are you using?
Does the bios see the drive as being 30 gig?
Also what did you use to partition it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
computer freeze

I am using win 98 SE. The bios is showing 30 GIG. I used seagate partition software. I was thinking about reformating it again. Can you recommend a software.

·
Registered
3 Posts
computer freeze

danrak said:
Is this only happening in one program? Or when you do some a specific thing? Does the computer seem to be running hot?
IT happens when I am on the Internet. I click to browse and then it freezes. The computer is not running hot. I ran Updated Norton Virus scans. I am thinking of reformating the Drive. It is a seagate drive. Do you recommend any formatting software.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have a Windows 98 startup disk?
If you don't you can make one. Do you know how?

·
Registered
11 Posts
computer freezes

if you have anti virus installed, UNINSTALL IT!!!!!

re-boot then try it again. you can always reload the antivirus again if it does not fix it.

anti virus software causes a lot of problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.