Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sometimes when i am on the internet and i click to go to a internet site the computer will freeze for no reason. I have to restart but if i go back to the same webpage I froze at, it will work fine. its totally random. One thing i do notice to be constant is that when its about to freeze I hear a click come from my hard drive then 20 seconds later it freezes. Does any1 know whats wrong

I have:

amd 3500+ cpu
1 gb of ram
160 gb hdd
windows xp home

is it a problem with internet explorer or could it be a virus

I have check for all viruses and spyware and found nothing

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
hmmm....what browser are you using to view the websites? if you are using IE, try uninstalling it and installing it again.

you can uninstall IE by going to start -> setting -> control panel -> (left side) add/remove windows components and then uninstall IE. then install it again and see if the problem goes away. also try performing a windows update if you havent yet and see if that helps.

so the computer doesnt freeze when you are doing something else? only when you are viewing websites?

P

·
0 Posts
There may be several reasons. Are you experiencing any other programs freezing or crashing? If so : Download and install speedfan and tell us about your temps ( link provided below ) then go to the safe mode ( keep tapping f8 during boot up till the menu comes up and pick safe mode with networking ) and launch internet explorer and see if it freezes. I am suspecting of malware. If your temps are on the safer side then click on the greyknights link below and follow the steps for a good clean up.

regards.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
k i did speedfan and my temps look good. My computer will only lock up if I use internet explorer. I dont have any other internet browsing software only IE explorer. I could be on the internet for hours at a time but it could just freeze for no reason. My system is clean of everything i checked for viruses, worms trojans spyware, the works and I still notices it freezes. I have my windows firewall up and It still freezes. Mabey there is something wrong with IE explorer. Should I swicth to mozzila firefox?

·
Henry
3,490 Posts
Yeah you can try Firefox, but what'd you use to scan for virii/spyware?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.