Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My other computer freezes a few seconds after starting, it gets to desktop and then nothing can be clicked, the only thing that can be accessed is task manager, the same thing occurs when I boot to safe mode, there is a process running called paytime.exe, I think thats a virus.

·
Security Manager, Analyst , Rangemaster, TSF Acade
39,538 Posts
Hi Syner

Please download and install HijackThis. Do NOT put HijackThis in a Temp folder. It should install to the default folder "C:/Program Files/HijackThis". Now run HJT and click on Scan. This should take a few seconds. Now click on Save Log and name it "hijackthis.log". Copy the log and post it in this thread. Make sure to include the System information at the top of the log as well.

Please do not fix anything in HijackThis.

One of the security experts will then review the log and advise on any actions you need to take.

Regards

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant use the computer at all, im posting from a different computer. It freezes after about 2 seconds of arriving at the desktop, the same thing happens in safe mode, I am not able to click on anything at all, when I mouseover start button it just shows a loading hourglass and does nothing else.

·
Security Manager, Analyst , Rangemaster, TSF Acade
39,538 Posts
Hi Syner

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, something called "work" got in the way. :smile:

If you have an XP CD then as a first step, have a look here to try a Repair on XP.

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

If this works and gets XP to boot, then we can address any other problems from there.

Regards

·
Registered
559 Posts
Hello,
you stated that the task manager did infact work? That's a great start, you have access to more than you think with that thing!

Open you task manager and click on new task...

Type this at the line given, msconfig and go to the startup tab. Here you will be unchecking everything that isn't require to run at startup. If you have questions about one, leave it and post the following information about it.

file name

Have a good day,
-blitze

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.