Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 13 month old HP Pavilion Slimline s3620f Desktop PC running Vista 64. It has been working fine until a few days ago when it just stopped booting.

When I turn on the computer it begins to boot as usual until it gets to the screen where the green progress bar moves across the bottom of the screen. Before the progress bar can move across the screen twice it freezes.

There is no blue screen, no error messages and no beeping from the CPU, everything just quietly freezes.

When I attempt to enter Safe Mode the same thing happens. It looks like it may load as the list of drivers file down then screen, then after a few moments it freezes.

To make matters more interesting, I have original boot CDs/DVDs for Win XP, Vista and Win7. I have tried to use all three of these to try and reinstall an operating system. The files begin to load for a little bit and then that process also freezes before all the system files can load.

I have swapped out the RAM, removed and tested the HD and even tried to boot from the install CD/DVDs without the HD with the same results.

I have also reset the Bios and replaced the battery, same results.

The Power Supply seems to be working fine, all the fans spin and there are no bad smells or noticeable problems with any of the motherboard capacitors.

Help! I would sure appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.