Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help me please!!

I recently changed out my fryed motherboard and powersource. After doing that i installed Window XP Pro. Ever since my computer freezes randomly for 20-40 seconds at a time, then returned to normal. I checked my event log and it says the error is the following:

The device, \Device\Ide\IdePort1, is not ready for access yet.

The source is: atapi

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the forums Moof...................:D

Sounds like something is either connected wroug or is not tight.

Make sure all the IDE cables are connected from the hard drive and CD-Roms to the proper connectors on the mother board and are tight.

Oh, and also make sure the blue end of the IDE cable from the hard drive connects to the motherboard.

How about posting a list of your hardware so we will know what's in your system, This will help in dealing with your issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the IDEs they all seemed to be tight, but the computer hansten froze yet, so i don't know if it worked or it dident. ANYWAYS, heres a list of my hardwear

System: AMD Duron, 800MHz
Memory: 160MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400
Disk drives: MAXTOR 6L020J1 (i'm guessing thats the CD burner)
Cd-Rom: Creative 52x
Network adapter: Realtek RTL91389 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC

The motherboard is a MicroStar MS-6330 ATX

hope that helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Also..I dident replace the IDE cables after the computer got fried...so i just replaced them and hopefully that fixed it, but if any of you think its something diffrent then PLEASE tell me.

EDIT: Still haveing problems :upset:

S

·
0 Posts
Have you been running XP on this machine all along or is it newly installed?

If all your freeze ups started happening after the XP install I would suggest you install some more memory.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SPEEDO said:
Have you been running XP on this machine all along or is it newly installed?

If all your freeze ups started happening after the XP install I would suggest you install some more memory.
I used to run XP with that kind of ram no problem

it was only after i installed XP pro. But I do have 256 MB of ram on the way from cali

S

·
0 Posts
Let me see if I understand this..............:confused:

You are running XP Pro now but you used to run XP, Which I'm assuming was the home edition. Correct me if I'm wrong on this.....:D

Your using the same hard drive right?

Have you tried writing zeros to your hard drive to clean it off good before you install the OS?

The program to do this is available here. You may as well download the instructions also available at the bottom of the page. You will need Adobe Reader to be able to read the instructions which you can get here. If you choose to do do the low level format (Writing Zero's) it will probably take about three hours with your hard drive so be patient it will be worth it in the long run.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.