Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just reformatted my computer because I had major spyware on it that I thought was causing computer freeze which then causes a crackling sound from my speakers. It was happening at most every 20 minutes. Turns out it is still happening sometimes. It seems to happen when I'm doing something that uses alot of RAM. It happened twice while trying to install the demo of F.E.A.R. and then again when I was watching Batman Begins on my computer.
The computer freezes and instantly emits a crackling sound out of my speakers. Does that sound like anything to anyone?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
*bump*

any ideas please? i cant play any games without my computer freezing...what are some of your instincts on what hardware or software problem it may be from?

by the way i have the infamous ATI Radeon 9600xt which is supremely f'ed up. I get the VPU errors and such in addition to the freezes though, so I feel as if it isnt the card this time.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Turn your speakers off and listen for the noise. A hard drive can make a noise like that and cause it to freeze.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.