Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my computer (laptop) has been shutting down out of the blue at random times over the last few weeks, i am not exactly computer smart, but i did go back and reset my settings to a time before this all started happening, and it didn't help... not sure if it was something that i downloaded or installed, but nothing comes to mind.. this is the report i get when i look up 'problem reports' and i have no clue what it means:

Description
Service HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service hung on starting.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: ServiceHang
Service Name: hpqddsvc
Image Name: hpqddsvc.dll
Image Version: 110.0.180.0
Service Type: 20
Start Type: 2
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

i have a Sony Vaio 2007
windows vista home premium
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7100 @ 1.80GHz 1.80 GHz
Memory (RAM): 2.00GB
System type: 32-bit Operating System

179 GB total with 64.4 GB free

i am able to do most anything.. but then all of the sudden it shuts down... i do a lot of picture editing and stuff with paintshop, so i have gotten an external hardrive to put/store most of that stuff on it,

ihave been told it could be a problem with my printer.. an HP c6280 photosmart

i have uninstalled it as of now.. but still having my computer randomly shut down. i am not the most computer savvy person and wondered if anyone can help me?? i was told to ask on here by a friend who is not too familiar with vista.

thanks for any help you can give :smooch::rolleyes:

Elin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have gone back and reinstalled everything and went into 'services.msc' and reset "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service" from automatic to manual, as a friend suggested i do.. hopefully that works!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does you computer restart or shutdown in random intervals?
Few possibilities for computer to shutdown automatically.
- Irregular Power voltage -- Check your power in take and usage. Plus, your power source - AC adapter or Battery.
- Any recent drivers updates? -- Like windows updates, or hardware installation
- Faulty hardware -- like hard disk, ram or motherboard.
- Overheating. -- Use over hard surfaces. Not to long on your lap.
- Not enough ram. -- Check running background services or applications.

Do some diagnostics. Like chkdsk for your hard disk. memtest for your ram (can be download anywhere - Don't have a link). msconfig.exe to change your system's service or application loading at startup. Don't worrying you can change back your regular settings.

Last, reinstall your operating systems. In some cases corrupted files can lean to odd restarts or shutdown.
I hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.