Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've included a word doc with pictures of cpu id for computer specs, and the event viewer of the errors after my computer just crashed. This particular crash happened after playing 5 minutes of Rift, but this has also happened before with Sims 3 and I can't figure it out.

The computer won't boot up if I leave the ram settings alone so that's the only thing that i've changed in bios but i don't know if it's right. it's set at 1067mhz and 1.8v.

The memory is what i think is the problem but i've done memtest and nothing seems wrong with it. The person who built this computer for me got ram that i think was oc'd and my board doesn't like it.

Any suggestions could help a ton, just wanted to see what other options i might have instead of buying more ram to test it. well I'm off to work and I'll be back in 8 hours. thanks in advance guys.

Attachments

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
Clear the CMOS
Please post your PC specs.
PC Specs?
Pre-Built Brand & Model Number
Custom Built-Brand & Model of Mobo-CPU-RAM-Graphics-PSU.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
500w power supply. motherboard is asus m4a77td. graphics ram and cpu are all in the attachment and I said a friend built the thing so it's custom. I also said that I cannot clear cmos or else it doesn't boot and I said the only thing i changed was the ram.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's just a shut down, no Blue screen or anything.
It's a Rosewill Rp550V2-D-SL power supply.
On the hardware health page directly after it shuts down the readings were...
CPU temp 48c/118f
MB temp 32c/90f
Vcore voltage 1.296v
3.3v voltage 3.328v
5v voltage 4.966v
12v 11.734

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
put a quality 80+ 550w psu in it

yours is low quality

when you post specs this is what is needed

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage

check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them

they need to be in the thread not in a attachment or located elsewhere

we often have to keep referring back to them and most will not bother if they have to go else where to find them or open a attachment

Power Supply Information and Selection - Tech Support Forum

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aha ok thanks so much for the help and dealing with me. I didn't know attachments were such a hassle, I thought it'd be more detailed than I could type out.
Will make sure to give specs next time, sorry about that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.