Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

my computer is totally unusable now because it is constantly rebooting. Sometimes I don't even get past the splash screen. This problem started about a couple of months ago but the computer seemed to only reboot when I would play video games. Later on the rebooting would occur no matter what I did.

I did a few troubleshooting fixes like cleaning the dust, checking for worms/trojans/viruses, I checked the RAM. All of the above did nothing to stop the problem.

I checked the PSU and it seems to be fine. I wattage was only off 0.1 V for the correct readings.

I'm starting to suspect I may need a new mobo. But before I go out to buy a new one I want to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Here are my comps specifications:
Biostar K8M800 Micro AM2 mobo with 2 gigs of RAM running on a AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600 2.0 GHz processor.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
What is the brand and size of the PSU? If you don't know, open the case and look at the label on the side of the PSU.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
9,471 Posts
350w is on the lite side please list your full specs, I would expect to see a 500w quality name brand psu in any modern computer.

Cheap low quality psu's can drop any one of there lines for a split second and cause a reboot.

Even if it would turn out to be a problem with the mobo witch at this time I doubt a new one with a poor psu will not last long, I would try a PC power&cooling or corsair psu in it. Biostar motherboard in general are decent and last a long time, don't have all the features of say a Asus or gigabyte but are reliable

·
TSF Team Emeritus
9,471 Posts
Read the psu sticky atop the forum, lots of info there to give you a better understanding and also some recommendations, alot of people recommend Antec but I personnel have had it with them to many failures, OCZ is ok, and by the way now make PC power&cooling.

I personally only use and recomend PC&P or corsair at this time because I have to have reliability

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.