Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in a college apartment with 6 guys sharing one linksys router. I am running vista, and have an acer travelmate 8200 with latest wireless drivers. The router is about 6 feet from my computer (through a wall), much closer than anyone else in the house. The problem is I'm only getting 3 out of 5 bars, and the weird thing is that my computer tells me i'm connected "the green monster 2" not "the green monster" which is my actual network. When I view avialible connections I see that "the green monster" has 4/5 bars, and I dont see anything called "the green monster 2". Ps. I have only noticed this happening within the last few months (and i've been in the apartment with the router for over a year)

It isnt much of a problem I know, but I have never heard of having multiple networks from one router.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be a stored wireless profile, you can delete them and connect to your network again and it will create a new profile
I tried deleteing the network and reconnecting but as soon as I reconnected it was "green monster 2" and I got 3 bars instead of the full strength it was showing on the wireless networks page.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.