Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 233mhgz server a few years ago to use for a web server. I didnt do much with it untill last year. I pulled it out of my closet and loaded it up. It worked fine. The next day I put in a network card and it booted normals and made all the same sounds it used to but with out a display. I then took the net card out and I still had the same problem. After that I tested it on a different moniter and it still didnt work so I though it was the video card. I replaced the video card several times with about 5 different cards but still no luck. I then though the board was ruined so I put it back into my closet and pulled out a different board. I built it and it booted up like the other one but still no display. The same thing happened with the next 5 boards and I have no clue what the hell it wrong. I have tried about 5 moniters and 10 video cards in the last week. A few day ago I purchased another server and tested it at the shop I bought it at. It loaded fine and I got a display. When I got home I had the same display problem!!!! Any Ideas? Thanx.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well I was building a computer and once I had it up and running I installed my old network card, after that I was getting no display so after going through testing other video cards and what not, I completely removed the video card then I started getting video again. Later on someone told me that is a common problem with NIC cards. Don't know if this helps at all just thought I'd tell you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hmmm. Maybe there's a gremlin in your house that likes raping everything display related :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.