Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I was playing a game the other night, and it froze up on me. So I restarted, and started the game up again. Which it froze up again. So again I restarted, right when it got to the desktop it froze up, again I restared and the same thing happened, froze up on the desktop when booting up. Then the next time I restared nothing happened. I just get a black screen when turning on the computer. The fans and lights are on but nothing happens..Seems like it slowly died on me. Any ideas??

·
ID10T Circuit replacement
1,038 Posts
When you turn it on, check that your Power supply fan, and with the cover off, see if the cpu fan is working.

With the cover off, do you have lots of dust inside? Are all the fans spinning while the power supply fan is on?

·
ID10T Circuit replacement
1,038 Posts
Ground yourself and touch the heatsink while the computer is powered up, not the motherboard just the metal. Keep your fingers away from the fan blades.

Turn the power off and unplug the power cord. push lightly on the pci cards to make sure they are seated correctly. Use a can of air, or use an air compressor on about 30psi to blow the dust out. You can remove the heatsink and fan and lift the arm or take the processer with attached heatsink and fan out of the slot type, and reseat it. Also pull the ram and reseat it.

Then plug in the power and see if she fires up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.