Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Within the last week or two, my computer has begun crashing to black screen while playing a game. The computer is still running, fans going, but the screen goes black with a click noise as the audio dies and no input will do anything. Only thing to do is turn the power off then reboot the computer. It only does this during a specific game and only recently started this behavior after more than a year of playing the same game. I have blown out the dust from the case. I am checking the CPU and GPU temps during the game, but they are not spiking that I can tell (gpu usually in 65-68 C range). All the drivers, except the two I can't figure out where they are (Intel management and security local and intel watchdog timer), are up to date. I am clueless at this point. Sometimes it will happen two or three times in a row immediately after the computer is started for the first time that day and only playing for about 15-20 mins each time, other times it will go for several hours before crashing or even the rest of the day.

· OS - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 or Vista? 10
· x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 64
· What was the original installed OS on the system? yes
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? full retail
· Approximate age of system (hardware) 19 months
· Approximate age of OS installation (if you know) 19 months
· Have you re-installed the OS? no
· CPU Intel (R) Core(TM) i7-9700F CPU @3.00 GHz
· Video Card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER
· MotherBoard (if NOT a laptop) ASRock B365M IB-R
· Power Supply - brand & wattage (if NOT a laptop) Thermaltake Smart 600W
· System Manufacturer IBuyPower
· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom) R148A654 111619
Laptop or Desktop? Desktop

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support