Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe my wife "logged me off" instead of "powering off" my computer but she's telling me (via phone, I'm out of town on a laptop) it's asking for my password.

I've NEVER logged off so I don't remember what my password might be. Is there some way to figure this out so I can help her get online with my computer while I'm out of town on travel?

I'm running Windows XP home and IE 6.0 (I believe). If you need additional info, let me know.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Welcome to TSF....

I am sorry but passwords are the one thing that is really taboo here at TSF.... We have absolutely no way to determine the actual ownership of the computer and as a result of that can not actually help with this problem. It is a legal type thing.

Hewre below is the actual rule as it is written:

Password rule at TSF....
http://www.techsupportforum.com/rules.php

Users may not post hacks, cracks, or give instruction how to pirate any type of software, or anything similar, in any forum of TSF. We do not condone, support or give instruction on any illegal activity pertaining to computer systems, computer hardware, computer software programs or computer related activities. Included in this group of activities are requests for help to circumvent system admin passwords or Administrator settings on networks. We do understand that the majority of requests may be legitimate, but we do not have the means to discern these from non-legitimate requests.

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
If you've set the computer to boot directly within Windows without prompting for a password then an easy solution will be to turn the computer off and restart.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.