Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When reading or burning or doing something that is related with the optical drives.
I have a dvd nec dvdrw drive and an samsung cdrw drive, they both make the problem accour. now i have this problem since forever the drives were changed and it still accour. the thing is when i open the processes tab there are no programs that are using any unusual amount of memory or cpu power. its just like something phantom. any toughts? :confused:

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
Hi and Welcome to TSF

Strange indeed :sayyes:

Plz explain when you say the drives were changed?
Are these both on the same IDE cable?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
sorry to bump this up, i just havent been able to access my mailbox.

They are not on the same ide, i have two ide slots on the MB one is for the HD's and one is for the optical drives. i have two hd's one is 80gb and one with 250gb both are 8mb and 7200 rpm. two opticals one is nec 3540 and the other is cd-rw wich isnt used much but connected trough the same ide.

anyhow, i allso have discovered that the drive wont go faster then x2!!!!!!!!!!! :upset:

i usually burn with dvd decrypter and nero.

help plz :'(

*also the drives has been changed like 1 year ago

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no idea what quality psu is, but i have put my config and it turned out to be 43W.. i have a 400W power supply.

But i think im ok now, some one told me to flash the drive for the latest firmware and it fixed my problem i think. now, what tests should i run to see if im all cool?? :grin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.