Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Leadtek Geforce 4 ti4200 with 128 mb RAM, and I think the driver is incompatible with XP. That damn driver has caused sooo many problems on my new comp. Posting from old one because I had to format and reinstall xp when I installed the driver.

Is there an update that fixes this, or anything?

The driver that came with the card worked fine for about a month, but then I downloaded one and it caused problems. Now I think the one that came with the card is causing problems, too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SPEEDO said:
Doesn't XP install a driver for this card during the OS install?
Yes, I believe so, but the driver that comes with the card is better, aside from this issue. No way to fix compatibility?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Did you check XP's compatibility list for the card?

If it installs a driver during install .... I wouldn't try to load a driver over that if its meant for Win2k or the Win9x series OS's or your gonna have some serious trouble... I would keep the OS installed driver and look @ your card manufactures site for XP approved drivers... if there are not any yet there will be... so just keep with the driver thats originally installed.

90% of XP problems arise when people install incorrect drivers for things and ignore the window that pops up stating that "This drivers is not signed by XP .... blah, blah, blah ... if you continue your basically doing so at your own risk.... Then it gives you a choice similar to this: RISK IT | Cancel
:no:
And I'm not saying you did this just demonstrating that for anyone reading this... its not a good idea, there are some exceptions .... but then there always are. :D

Yes, I believe so, but the driver that comes with the card is better, aside from this issue. No way to fix compatibility?
What makes it better?, if its not designed for XP its not better .... and no, not unless the card manufactures puts out a driver, you design your own, or you hack the windows source code fix it so it is then recompile it. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.