Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

Is there an easy way to print out the settings for IE so that I can compare them to another PC so I don;t have to write them down? We have some machines that can see links on our web page and it appears as a blank line on other machines and I am trying to determine where the differences might lie.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what might be causing my problem and eliminate the need to comapre settings, that would be great too!

Thanks!

·
UK
1,125 Posts
Hi - welcome to TSF

Have you tried switching off any firewalls and ensuring that any security settings on XP are the same on all machines?

You could also try deleting cookies and temporary files (TOOLS>Internet Options) and on the Programs tab 'Reset-Websettings', then on the Advanced tab 'Restore Defaults' on each machine. Then, again on each machine, with your XP CD in a drive go to Start>Run and type sfc /scannow followed by Enter key and allow the file checker time to confirm/replace your IE files.

You can use your Print Screen key to copy any screen image into Word (Press the Print Scrn key to capture the image, open MS Word (or similar) and right click and paste the copied image in).

Peter

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Peter - Thanks for the response!

I will check the firewall settings and see if that helps. I had just run the system file checker last week, but unfortunatley it didn't fix the problem

I will proably go the screenprint route as you suggested if disabling and configuring the firewall doesn't help, but will post how it works out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My problem turned out to be the Ad Blocker in Norton Internet Security and not and IE setting after all.

Thanks again for the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.