Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am using a Compaq Presario V2148AP (1.7 Ghz Pentium M with Centrino Technology, 2MB L2 Cache, 512 MB RAM, Win XP ) Laptop.

Considering the System specifications I was expecting quite a lot from it. But unfortunately it seems to be running very slow. Especially when two processes are forced to run simultaneously, or when a RAM intensive Process is run like writing a DVD etc. The Window Minimze and Maximize is also very slow when processes run simultaneously. Even when the Laptop is left unattended for an hour or so, and when I start using it again Windows works very slow and takes some time to come back to the normal speed.

I am really worried whether I have wasted my $1750 on this Laptop. Guys please please let me if I can do something to improve the performance because I tried everything like defragmentation etc... but it doesnt seem to work.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
greetings
what anti virus/spy programs are installed on your system?
run a decent check with adaware-spybot-trendmicro and either avast,ewido, or avg. also run a disk clean.
right click on my computer at desktop - properties...to see that the proper cpu and ram total are listed.
then.....
type msconfig at the run prompt to see what is running in your system and let us know

post back

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Ctrl, Alt, Del, click Task Manager, Processes tab.

Look at the very bottom and post back the following:
Processes?
CPU usage?
Mem Usage?

Click the CPU header and sort the Processes by CPU usage and see what is using up the CPU.

You may have a memory leak in the machine or way too many processes running?

Also try this web link and "Check My Computer" to make sure all your RAM can be found:

Check My Computer

If you have memory leaks, when you reboot your machine you will see an immediate increase in system performance.

What AV program are you running?

JamesO

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.