Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a Compaq Presario 2520EU with is running OS XP SP2. A couple of weeks ago they computer started freezing, with no response to ALT, CTRL & DEL, to the mouse or keyboard, so I was forced into turning computer off with power button. I´ve checked the event log, but nothing relating to the freeze is being recorded. The freezes are happening every few hours and with a variety of software open, or at times with no software running. I initially thought it may have been software or a driver problem, so used the quick restore system recovery disks to do a complete system restore, but this had no effect. I have now switched the RAM with that of another laptop, as I wondered if the RAM was failing, but this also has had no impact. All the fans appear to be free of dust and working. Had anyone any further ideas of how I can locate the problem and fix.

Many thanks

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
Hi,

Download MobileMeter from my sig. Watch the temps as you do daily activities, and make a note of the temps you saw just before the computer froze, then post them here. Also, switch the power scheme in Windows XP to Notebook/Laptop, and see if it freezes less often.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.