Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read several reviews about this thing, some stating how wonderful it is and the rest condemning to the bowels of whatever underworld the reader happens to believe in. In my personal experience, I find that it easily falls into the second category. Now, I've had some basic tech experience, and I've been messing with computers for a while now. This thing, however, has me stumped and I don't want to mess with reformatting unless I have to. Same goes for calling their tech support. So, here's the problem:

The company I work for recently bought a subscription with Verizon Wireless Internet, for offsite people. Verizon sent us a package with an adapter card and a CD with the neccessary drivers/software. I subsequently spent three hours trying to figure out what had made the computer I attempted to install this on view the adapter card as two USB ports. After this time, I gave up and decided to try it out on another Compaq nx9010, on which it worked perfectly. While I for one am completely for throwing the computer through a window into oncoming traffic, my boss isn't. So, I need to get this thing working, so we have something to put the second internet card onto. I realize that the names of the USB ports would be useful, but that will take me about a day to get.

So, any help would be appreciated. In the meantime, I will be resisting the urge to use a shotgun on the computer.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.