Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I built my first computer with these specs. Asus A8n Sli deluxe mobo, 1Gig of pc3200 400Mhz memory (ULTRA) 1 stick, maxtor 250Gb Sata1 hdd, Sony dru-720a DVD dual layer drive and a lite on dvd rom drive, An XFX Gforce7800 video card, AMD 3700+ cpu with an Antec 500 watt psu. Herin lies my problem. I had the computer up and running fine, the only oddity was my hdd was showing up as an external usb device (in the taskbar). This past Thursday I played Doom3 for a couple hours and shut it down, no problems there. Friday I came home from work and checked my email and shut it down after about an hours use. no attachements were in my email! No problems there. Saturday I came home from work and tried to turn on the comp and nothing happened except for all the fans turning on (cpu, chipset ,casefans, gpu fan) There was no hdd led activity whatsoever nor any activity on the dvd drives. I swapped out the sata cables (power and data) nothing there. Right now, its completely dissasembled. No pins are bent on cpu, nothing looks burned up on mobo or gpu. Any ideas as to the cause of my dillema. Please help me :cry:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tinknocker68 said:
Last week I built my first computer with these specs. Asus A8n Sli deluxe mobo, 1Gig of pc3200 400Mhz memory (ULTRA) 1 stick, maxtor 250Gb Sata1 hdd, Sony dru-720a DVD dual layer drive and a lite on dvd rom drive, An XFX Gforce7800 video card, AMD 3700+ cpu with an Antec 500 watt psu. Herin lies my problem. I had the computer up and running fine, the only oddity was my hdd was showing up as an external usb device (in the taskbar). This past Thursday I played Doom3 for a couple hours and shut it down, no problems there. Friday I came home from work and checked my email and shut it down after about an hours use. no attachements were in my email! No problems there. Saturday I came home from work and tried to turn on the comp and nothing happened except for all the fans turning on (cpu, chipset ,casefans, gpu fan) There was no hdd led activity whatsoever nor any activity on the dvd drives. I swapped out the sata cables (power and data) nothing there. Right now, its completely dissasembled. No pins are bent on cpu, nothing looks burned up on mobo or gpu. Any ideas as to the cause of my dillema. Please help me :cry:
As a side note I can't even access the bios.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.