Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having this problem with my computer. I'm trying to burn a few back up audio Cd's. It has been working fine until a week or two ago. I tried burning an Audio Cd again and all I'm getting is the Shortcuts burned. The files on the disk are no more than 44bytes.

I have tried everything that I knew to do but apparently I'm missing something. It could be something simple I'm just overlooking. I have installed a brand new Burner already (probably a waste of money cuz of this problem) and I'm still getting this problem

I can't remember of any new programs or events that have been happening on my comp that could possibly caused it. I reinstalled XP, tried fixing the registry and looked at all the possible settings from my audio/burning software that I could think of and nothing yet. So I'm hoping that someone knows what I'm dealing with and is willing to lend me some advice.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Comp. is an HP, Its a few years old but I've done several upgrades on it. I was using Nero 6 for ever and it was working fine. The Burner is an LG HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55L. My Problem started a few weeks ago even before I had the new burner. The Thing is, It burns Data disks just fine but when It comes to any audio it just burns the short cuts on to the Cd. Sort of like when you try drag and Drop music files from a Cd to the HDD; it only copies a shortcut to the HDD and not the actual file. You have to rip it. I've been doing the Drag and drop method with nero ever since I got it and I even tried adding music the other way and with several different burning programs like WMP, Nero, iTunes, etc..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm adding mp3's, but I also tried converting them to a different format like WAV and then burning them but the same thing happened. I'll try copy and pasting them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.