Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, i was on today, and suddenly it just plain crashed. I pressed the button, and the fans go on for a split second, but then turn off. I pop it open, and see a little orange light go on every time i try and turn it on. (not sure if this means anything) I let it cool off, and try it again.

Nil.

After letting it cool off for about 30 minutes, i try it again and get about 7 seconds of boot time/fan, then it stops again.

Did i fry my psu or motherboard? hardrive?

My comp has been on for much longer than this. The comp was on and doing work (gaming, movies, music etc) for about 2-3 hours, but ive left it on for 5-6 at a time.

Comp specs:

Intel Pentium 4 (with hyperthreading)
Gigabyte 80gig hardrive
Nvidia force 6200 (or 6400, dont remember, but its not important)

Note: my comp is fairly dusty.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Welcome to TSF:

The most likely culprit is your PSU ? I would advise you ato purchase a new one at a bestbuy or CompUSA / if the new PSU does not solve the problem they will let you return it. I would only buy either a Enermax or Antec brand / a good quality 500 watt PSU should cost $89.00 to $100.00 / beware of the gneric brands and house brand PSU's they are very low quality and wont run a system properly for very long / they are very lightweight and there is a reason for it.

regards

joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.