Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a way to disable the file and directory commands in Office XP open and save dialog boxes. I've got users who are moving directories by accident because they've mistakenly clicked and dragged them in the dialog boxes.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
right click a blank spot on the toolbar...this should offer you a bunch of other toolbars...but the last thing there is customize....click it...this opens a new window...the middle tab in that window is commands...then click on file...click on what you want to remove and drag and drop it into the command window...and whloa...I am sure someone else will have a customized way to do it...and if you screw up...just delete normal.dot and it will create a default on back the way it was...

several machines....do it on one then copy the normal.dot to the other machines...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the thought, but what I want to diable isn't in a toolbar. It's the new version of the open and save dialog boxes that allow you to do things like rename files, copy files. move directories. I've tried using customize, but I haven;t found anything there.

I think that Office may tie into explorer to do the file save and open. It can be nice, but dangerous. For instance, if you've clicked File, Open and then right-click on a file in the list you can manipulate it just like in Windows Explorer. The problem is that when you try to click on a directory and hapen to drag it, it will move the directory.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I would think this would be controlable with user rights to the dir in question.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.