Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm not sure of the appropriate place to post questions about command line scripting. If someone could direct me, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks a million.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm new to batch scripting and have a little experience in programming in general. I wrote a very simple script that would create/append a file and record time, date, and ip configuration when run. I want to have it run every time my laptop logs into a network be it wired or wireless. I don't know what to do from here. I don't know if there is an event listener perhaps? I appreciate you taking the time to help.

Jon O.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I doubt such a thing would be possible. The system notifies applications through DDE, COM and Messages.

A batch script can neither process (because it doesn't receive) messages, nor can it access DDE or COM features in such a way.

So unfortunately, such a thing isn't possible via a stand-alone batch script.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well in that case I suppose I could just write an application in Java that would run the script... I will look into that as an alternative. Thanks for the input and any more that you might share.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey i looked for a while and i think i foun some very usefull information and it seems like it would do the trick. check out the link... Hope it helps
<url>http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kbase/WindowsTips/WindowsNT/AdminTips/Logon/WindowsNTLoginScriptTricksandTips.html</url>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.