Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sure home someone can help! I am trying to install a USB Wireless Adapter, Linksys RangePlus, WUSB100 Ver. 2.

Everything goes great with the install, until the software tries to complete the install of the adapter. Then the window pops up and the error code is 31. NOTHING WORKS to solve this. I have used Linksys support, Dell Support (computer is a Dell Optiplex 755). I was using Win XP, Service Pack 3, and then removed Service Pack 3 as a method of solving this problem, but that did not work either!

Dell and Linksys tech support are at a loss. The adapter works. My computer recognizes it. But, it won't load the driver. Won't update the driver.... goes to error message window.

The same thing happened with I tried to install a pci wireless card...same error same problem.

GRRRR...frustrating

thanks for any help

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,024 Posts
Well, there's no real evidence that the adapter works, since you've never actually used it. :smile:

Device error 31 suggests the drivers aren't really the correct ones for the adapter.

If you can't get this one working, I'd consider sending it back and installing a different make/model.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.