Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I play cod4 a lot and I play on custom mods and maps. I used to be able to download the maps at a steady 130-150kb/sec. and for some reason I am only getting 50kb/sec. I do know the speed depends somewhat on where the server is that you are downloading the custom file but still it shouldn't have dropped so much like that. Is their maybe a bandwidth limier or something that could limit it. if you can help or think u can please post.

·
Hardware Team , Games Team
4,651 Posts
It will depend on your internet connection and the load on the server. If there are many players of the COD server then bandwidth will of course be limited. They may of changed the servers rates to reduce lag when a player starts downloading from the server.

If you know the name of the server and they have an internet address you can contact them to see if they have made any changes.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That all makes,very good sense. I know it has to be something on my part that is causing the slow speed. If it was only happing on 1-2 servers I would assume it was something with their server but any server that I need to download a file in cod4 It goes really slow. I was jut wondering if their is a way you can check it out or something in the router that I could change. Just a thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.