Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I power up this new machine (from being completely switched off from the back) the CMOS looses its contents, reverts to default and says "CMOS Checksum Error - F1 to Continue DEL for Setup". After that its fine (even if you don't touch the settings). Once you set the date time, it runs fine and retains its contents even on reboot or if you switch it off from the front (which I'm assuming is a standby mode cos the green LED on the board is still on)... that is, until you completely power off from the back, then it loses its settings - again!
I'm assuming its the little silver battery which is probably dead (weird considering its a new motherboard) but as I don't really keep up to date with technology anymore like I used to, I can't be sure. Can someone please confirm this?

·
Registered
33 Posts
ive seen this with a friend who just bought an asus a8n deluxe ? i think it was. anywho same thing happened, he let them at the store screw with it and everything to no avail, if its that NEW, then i would immediately return it for a working board !!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys.

I just got a new battery for this board. The old one measures 0.010 volts (I checked it with a meter). The new one is 3.0v and is working OK so far.
I hear theres an issue with these boards draining the battery real quick. Theres supposed to be a patch to update the bios to stop that happening. I'm gonna have to look into it. If the worst comes to the worst I'll just get the board changed over. Its an Asus AN85X by the way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.